Re: select from dblink very slow

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: select from dblink very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jessica Richard wrote:
> I need to joint select from table A in the current database A and dblink
> to table B in database B, the result coming from tableB in db B is very
> slow because I have to select all the rows from tableB from dblink then
> do "where" with table A in the current db....doing dblink this way is
> very very slow....
>
> Any idea on how to improve this?

About the only thing I can think of using dblink would be to use a
PL/pgSQL function to dynamically build and execute your query in such a
way that the WHERE clause is pushed to the remote query.

Someone else suggested dbi-link as an alternative -- I don't know for
sure, but suspect it will suffer from the same issue as dblink.

I also saw a suggestion of using different schemas instead of different
databases. This is the best solution if it is feasible.

Finally, I don't know much about it, but perhaps PL/proxy would make it
easier to push down your WHERE clause:
   https://developer.skype.com/SkypeGarage/DbProjects/PlProxy

HTH,

Joe

Сообщение: Re: Frequent pg_clog on system
Сообщение: Re: Frequent pg_clog on system