Re: Windows installation; why is PL/python shown but disabled?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Windows installation; why is PL/python shown but disabled?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
> novnov wrote:
>> I have python 2.4 installed; python24\lib in the path; why is the PL\python
>> option presented but disabled in 8.2 postgres installer? There must be some
>> conditions under which it (and the other langs) are enabled. The only one of
>> the 7 show that is enabled is PL/pgsql. I've found this to be true for both
>> windows xp and vista.
>
> To enable the PLs, the following files must be in the path:
>
>         ONEDLL("perl58.dll","HAS_PERL");
>         ONEDLL("tcl84.dll","HAS_TCL");
>         ONEDLL("python24.dll","HAS_PYTHON");
>         ONEDLL("jvm.dll","HAS_JAVA");

Two more comments around that:

1) Those files *and any dependencies they have* must be in the PATH.

2) Remember that you have a per-user PATH and a per-system PATH. They
need to be in either the per-system PATH (recommended) or in the
per-user path *for the postgresql service account*. Having them in the
per-user path for Administrator or whatever account you are installing
from will not help.

//Magnus