Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Csaba Nagy wrote:
>>> We have _ample_ evidence that the problem is lack of people able to
>>> review patches, and yet there is this discussion to track patches
>>> better.  It reminds me of someone who has lost their keys in an alley,
>>> but is looking for them in the street because the light is better there.
>> Bruce, I guess the analogy fails on the fact that you're not looking for
>> a key, but for people, and I thought "better light" will attract people
>> to find you instead of you to need to search...
>
> I believe the problem is not that there isn't enough information, but
> not enough people able to do the work.  Seeking solutions in areas that
> aren't helping was the illustration.

OK, so how do we attract more people if not by making the job easier for
them? It's not like there aren't plenty of very clever people here - we
just need to encourage them to chip in - and making the task less
daunting by making *all* the information they need readily available
seems a good start too me.

And heck, we're database people - storing and retrieving the data to do
a job is exactly what we do!

Regards, Dave.