Re: How does the partitioned lock manager works?

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: How does the partitioned lock manager works?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
rancpine cui wrote:
>    When the lock manager's data structures were split into "partitions",
> how many such data structures can one partition control?

The number of partitions is 16 (NUM_LOCK_PARTITIONS). The total size of
the lock hash table is max_locks_per_xact * (max_connections +
max_prepared_xacts). So the number of "lock slots" per partition is
(max_locks_per_xact * (max_connections +
max_prepared_xacts))/NUM_LOCK_PARTITIONS.

> Since we use
> LOCKTAG's hash value to decide the partition which the lock should in, can
> all locks be split into ONE partition?

In theory, yes. It's extremely unlikely to happen in practice.