Re: schema creation during initdb

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: schema creation during initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
NikhilS wrote:

> One way that I can think of doing this would be by adding the details
> about the new schema and the tables that lie therein in the
> src/backend/catalog/information_schema.sql file (I dont know if this
> is the recommended way though). These will end up becoming a part of
> template1 and any subsequent databases that are created will contain
> them.

Well, *I* wouldn't recommend it. That installed version of that file
(which if anything is what he should mangle rathwer than the source) is
really just an implementation artefact.

Why would this be better than either loading the schema+table directly
into template1 after initdb, or making your own template db and loading
them into that?

cheers

andrew