Re: How to include Tablefunc as an extension

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: How to include Tablefunc as an extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> I read through the Postgres doc and many Google results, but it seems
>> still unclear to me how to include additional packages into my postgres
>> database. I see that there are a few installed under
>> "/usr/local/pgsql-9.1/share/extension/" (I am on Lion and installed the
>> Kyngchaos libs). But as I want to install crosstab now, I downloaded the
>> source code for postgres, run a make/install - and now wonder what to do
>> with it. I could eventually load the .sql file as usual; but it seems this
>> should be now avoided, and loaded as an extension. I tried to copy three
>> files (--1.0.sql, --unpackaged.sql and the normal .sql) to the folder and
>> then load it from PgAdmin, but this results in an error message ("could
>> not access file "$libdir/tablefunc"").
>
> This should do the trick:
>
> CREATE EXTENSION crosstab;

Thanks a lot. Yes, that's the command I used when it launches the above error message. The question is more about:
"wheredo I need to place the tablefunc files (and which ones) in order to execute successfully that command"?

Thanks for any hints.

Сообщение: Re: Feature discussion: Should syntax errors abort a transaction?
Сообщение: Re: Feature discussion: Should syntax errors abort a transaction?