Re: [DOCS] uuid type not documented

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [DOCS] uuid type not documented
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 10. April 2007 17:30 schrieb Neil Conway:
>> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 17:24 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> The new uuid type is lacking documentation.
>> We had also talked about including some UUID generation functionality in
>> 8.3, but it should be okay to leave that for 8.4.
>
> The problem is that most of the standard methods are platform dependent, as
> they require MAC addresses or a "good" random source, for instance.  I'm not
> sure how we wanted to solve that, but certainly leaving the uuid type with
> *no* method to generate one is pretty poor.

Actually, I would say that not having the ability to generate a UUID is
just fine. Most languages, have the ability to generate them per their
particular platforms. Let's leave it to them.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] uuid type not documented
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] uuid type not documented