Re: Auto Partitioning

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Auto Partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But if we could find a way to represent that it would make a lot of common use
> cases much more convenient to use.
>
>>> (But that sounds rather like pie in the sky, actually.  Which other
>>> databases can do that, and how do they do it?)
>> Oracle does it, by building a big index. Few people use it.
>
> The people that use it are the people stuck by dogmatic rules about "every
> table must have a primary key" or "every logical constraint must be protected
> by a database constraint". Ie, database shops run by the CYA principle.

Or ones that actually believe that every table where possible should
have a primary key.

There are very, very few instances in good design where a table does not
have a primary key.

It has nothing to do with CYA.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Stuart Bishop
Сообщение: Re: elog(FATAL) vs shared memory