Re: Equivalents in PostgreSQL of MySQL's "ENGINE=MEMORY" "MAX_ROWS=1000"

От C. Bergström
Тема Re: Equivalents in PostgreSQL of MySQL's "ENGINE=MEMORY" "MAX_ROWS=1000"
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
A.M. wrote:
> Indeed... I looked through the official TODO list and was unable to
> find an entry for global temporary tables- such a thing would be ideal
> for any transient data such as web sessions or materialized views. Is
> there any reason why global temp tables shouldn't be implemented?
> (And, no, I'm not simply referring to "in-memory" tables- they can
> simply be handled with a ram disk.)
Not exactly what you're looking for and a simple API, but the
performance is very nice and has a lot of potential.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgmemcache/

Implementing a cleaner more transparent sql wrapper would be even nicer.

http://tangent.org/index.pl?lastnode_id=478&node_id=506

Just sharing/tossing some ideas around..

C.

От: "Alex Deucher"
Сообщение: Re: postgres 7.4 vs 8.x redux: query plans
От: "A.M."
Сообщение: Re: Equivalents in PostgreSQL of MySQL's "ENGINE=MEMORY" "MAX_ROWS=1000"