Re: \c bpsimple rick

От Philippe Salama
Тема Re: \c bpsimple rick
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am guessing that my confusion is over something which may be a typo in the text book.

I have moved along and have now make good progress in running with \i the sql scripts which may be downloaded from

http://www.apress.com/book/supplementDownload.html?bID=424&sID=2569

the publisher of the book,

to define tables for the exercises, and load the tables with data.

So, thanks for the help here to get me started!

Philippe Salama <karebacnyc@yahoo.com> wrote:
My textbook had me create a user named rick, with the power to create databases, but not the power to create new users.

in the next exercise, I am in template1 as user neil, who has the prompt =# which means that neil has power to create databases.  I am told to \c bpsimple rick, and it says NOTICE THE PROMPT changes to =>, meaning rick has no power to create databases.

I am confused, since clearly, I created user/role rick as someone with the power to create databases.