Re: autovacuum question

От Laszlo Nagy
Тема Re: autovacuum question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jim Nasby írta:
> Autovacuum doesn't launch a separate daemon; you'll only see an
> autovac process when an autovac is actually working.
Where should I see it? The output of "ps ax | grep auto" is empty. Does
it mean that auto vacuum is not running? How can I check if there is a
problem?

> Also, 8.1 has code to prevent wraparound, so that's not it (see
> backend/access/transam/varsup.c)
Oh, then do you have any idea what caused this? E.g. a postgres client
seeing an older version of the data? "Older" means that the postgres
client was started today and it saw the data from 2 days ago, then
suddenly it started to see the fresh data.

Thanks,

  Laszlo

От: Peter Elmers
Сообщение: Re: Problems with precompiled pgsql on mac
От: "Merlin Moncure"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: out of shared memory