Re: Crash bug in 8.2.3 on Solaris 10/Sparc

От Zoltan Boszormenyi
Тема Re: Crash bug in 8.2.3 on Solaris 10/Sparc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane írta:
> Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb@cybertec.at> writes:
>
>> we have found that psql in PostgreSQL 8.2.3
>> has problems connecting to the server
>> running on Solaris 10/Sun SPARC.
>> It seems that somehow the system provided
>> GCC 3.4.3 miscompiles timestamptz_send()
>> and it segfaults.
>>

> I find it fairly hard to believe that timestamptz_send would be invoked
> at all while using psql, much less during initial connection.  psql
> doesn't do any binary-output requests.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Then please explain this miracle.
Anyway, your comment makes my suspicion about
the correctness of GCC-3.4.3 on Solaris 10/sparc
more founded now. :-)

--
Zoltán Böszörményi

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Documentation access problems.
Сообщение: Re: Documentation access problems.