Re: pg_upgrade should truncate/remove its logs before running

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_upgrade should truncate/remove its logs before running
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 19.01.22 09:13, Michael Paquier wrote:
> - Renaming of the option from --logdir to --outputdir, as this does
> not include only logs.  That matches also better with default value
> assigned in previous patches, aka pg_upgrade_output.d.

I'm afraid that is too easily confused with the target directory.
Generally, a tool processes data from input to output or from source to
target or something like that, whereas a log is more clearly something
separate from this main processing stream.  The desired "output" of
pg_upgrade is the upgraded cluster, after all.

A wildcard idea is to put the log output into the target cluster.