Re: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb'

От Dieter Schicker
Тема Re: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb'
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
> Hannes Dorbath <light@theendofthetunnel.de> writes:
>> Dieter Schicker wrote:
>>> postgresql-8.2.3 on a system running debian stable with kernel 2.6.8-2-686
>>> Any ideas?
>
>> No, but maybe an antiquated OS and up to date applications is not the
>> best match. Debian stable is somewhere around PG 7.4.x.
>
> But we were using SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb even in 7.4, and AFAICT
> the function has existed in OpenSSL since 1999 or earlier.
>
> I did some googling and found various people complaining of similar
> build problems with completely Postgres-unrelated software that's using
> OpenSSL, so it seems there's something a bit odd about that particular
> function ... but I didn't find out what.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
Hehe, I would never ever do that, I swear! ;-)

First of all, thanks for your valuable answers!

Concerning the "antiquated OS": I think this is not the right place to
discuss the antiquity (right word? - sorry my mother tongue is German)
of an OS. Just one sentence: I have been in the business for 25 years
now and I therefore prefer stability to
"always-have-to-have-the-super-freshest-software". ;-)
The reason why I break this self-imposed "rule" with postgres is that we
use postgres (exclusively) for teaching database courses here at our
institution and we need some functionalities that require version 8.x.

Tom, of course I did that googling, too before I dared to ask on this
list. But all I found was questions, no answers. ;-) I will dig into
that problem further and keep you informed if I find a solution.

Thanks and Cheers
Dieter

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb'
От: "gunartha.nyoman"
Сообщение: how to add oids field