Re: php professional

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: php professional
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> This whole discussion is about a language lawyer and a professional. The
>> reality is, professional programmers do use PHP. I would say probably
>> more than any other language out there.
>
> Yes, by the definition that they earn money by doing it.
>
>> Does that mean that PHP is a technically sound language? No.
>>
>> Does that mean some of these professional programmers are smarter than
>> the language lawyers, because they can get their web apps done, quickly
>> and have a huge community backing them up? Yes.
>
> Does that mean they would not write better apps in the same time if they
> were so smart using better languages and actual frameworks?

Define better? It is an opinion. Personally I think Ruby on Rails is a
pile of dung that is slow and surrounded by zealots who don't know reality.

I am sure Ruby on Rails people would disagree ;)

> Do we really
> need so many flawed PHP products regulary appear on bugtraq for the
> same reasons every time? (Since the many programmers there just copy and
> paste their code to get their results fast - hey thats smart in some
> sense)

You are arguing something different than I am. I have already conceded
that PHP is not technically a sound language.

But in the real world, it doesn't matter. What matters is, "How can I
get my project done, so that it works"

It doesn't matter what it looks like underneath. It matters what it
looks like on top.

It is a frosted cake made of human feces, but it is still looks
delicious from 3 feet away.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/