Re: php professional

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: php professional
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake schrieb:
>>> Well no. PHP is not a professional language because it has no really
>>> design - and that has nothing to do with the fact it beeing a scripting
>>> language. Its a bad scripting language. (Say namespaces for example,
>>> confusing function interfaces, unicode flaws, missing usable frameworks,
>>> silly type handling, quoting hell)
>> - What do you mean by confusing function interfaces and unicode flaws?
>

> This whole discussion is about a language lawyer and a professional. The
> reality is, professional programmers do use PHP. I would say probably
> more than any other language out there.

Yes, by the definition that they earn money by doing it.

> Does that mean that PHP is a technically sound language? No.
>
> Does that mean some of these professional programmers are smarter than
> the language lawyers, because they can get their web apps done, quickly
> and have a huge community backing them up? Yes.

Does that mean they would not write better apps in the same time if they
were so smart using better languages and actual frameworks? Do we really
need so many flawed PHP products regulary appear on bugtraq for the
same reasons every time? (Since the many programmers there just copy and
paste their code to get their results fast - hey thats smart in some
sense)

> Use what works for you, don't listen to others about what language to
> code in.

Yes but please dont open all these works for the public ;)

Thanks postgres has not coding and project standards like PHP has,
otherwise we would have a MySQL2 ;)

T.