Re: number of tables limited over time (not simultaneous)?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: number of tables limited over time (not simultaneous)?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
dave crane wrote:
> We've settled upon a method for gathering raw statistics from widely
> scattered data centers of creating one sequence per-event, per minute.

> Aside from security concerns, did we miss something?  Should I be
> worried we're going through ~60,000 sequences per day?

Well, you'll want to make sure you're vacuuming the system tables
regularly. And you might want to make sure your code can retry creating
the sequences once OIDs wrap around.

Not sure I'd have thought of doing things this way - I'd probably have
totalled figures outside the database and then summarised them once a
minute.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd