Re: How would you handle updating an item and related stuff all at once?

От Walter Vaughan
Тема Re: How would you handle updating an item and related stuff all at once?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rick Schumeyer wrote:

> Completely off topic, (but not worth a separate post) I have been forced
> to use a little bit of mysql lately...did you know that if you use
> transaction and foreign key syntax with myisam tables, it does not
> complain...it just silently ignores your requests for transactions and
> foreign key checks.  Yikes!  I had incorrectly assumed I would get an
> error message indicating that transactions are not supported.  Oh well.

I ran into the same thing. Actually it may have been that a dump, restore caused
tables to be created with myisam engine instead of innodb. Regardless, I lost
faith in MySQL except for things it good at... fast read only web database.