Re: Addons

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Addons
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Legault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't find a list of addons on the website. I'd like to view the list of
> addons like pgcrypto and download/install some of them into my installation
> so I can use some of the functions.

There is www.pgfoundry.org and there is the built in contrib. The built
in contrib has the items such as pgcrypto.

> And is there any advanced docs on the PL/PGSQL language like how to
> manipulate strings (string replace, search, split, etc)

The language doesn't :), PostgreSQL does. Unlike something like Perl (or
plPerl), something like replace() uses the PostgreSQL function replace()
not a language function. See here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/functions.html

You can call anything in the above link from plpgsql, directly.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/