Re: Removing duplicate rows

От Paul Lambert
Тема Re: Removing duplicate rows
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 07:15:02AM +0900, Paul Lambert wrote:
>> I'm assuming the best way to get around this is to load the data into a
>> temporary table with "copy from" and then do a "select distinct into" my
>> real table.
>
> You might find that sort|uniq at the command prompt would be better.
> That said,

Sort on Weenblows is a bastard to work with, and I don't believe it has
a unique option. I probably should have mentioned this was on Weenblows.

>> script to create the table as a copy of the existing 'real' table. I'm
>> assuming "create table as" would be what I need to use, but what would I
>> use as the select sql - i.e. how do I use select to pull the definition
>> of a table.
>
> an easy way to do this is "CREATE TABLE name AS SELECT . . . WHERE
> 1=0".  You get a table with no rows.  (WHERE FALSE and similar
> constructs all work equally well.)

Thanks... I figured it would be blatantly obvious.

This does the trick:
CREATE TABLE billing_code_temp AS SELECT * FROM billing_code WHERE 1=0

Appreciate the help.

P.

--
Paul Lambert