Re: Removing duplicate rows

От Hélder M. Vieira
Тема Re: Removing duplicate rows
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> As the table definitions get updated frequently, I'd like to put in my
> script to create the table as a copy of the existing 'real' table. I'm
> assuming "create table as" would be what I need to use, but what would I
> use as the select sql - i.e. how do I use select to pull the definition of
> a table.

The create statement allows you to copy a table structure, including or
excluding constraints.
For inclusion and exclusion effects, please read the manual info related
with the 'like' clause of the 'create table' statement.

Ex.:
create temporary table mytesttable (like mymaintable excluding constraints
excluding defaults);

Regards,

Hélder M. Vieira