Re: trouble with a join on OS X

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: trouble with a join on OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Kirk Wythers wrote:
> I am trying to do fairly simple joins on climate databases that should
> return ~ 7 million rows of data. However, I'm getting an error message
> on a OS X (10.4 tiger server) machine that seems to imply that I am
> running out of memory. The errors are:
>
> psql(15811) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=8421376) failed (error code=3)
Is this actually in psql - the client code rather than the backend?

Could it be that its allocating memory for its 7million result rows and
running out of space for your user account?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: "Steinar H. Gunderson"
Сообщение: Re: trouble with a join on OS X
От: Gábriel Ákos
Сообщение: Re: trouble with a join on OS X