Re: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> <korryd@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>
>> It appears that the libraries listed in shared_preload_libraries will
>> *not* be inherited by spawned backends on Win32 platforms.
>>

> Well, yeah, because it's a fork/exec on that platform.
>

>> Should we just call process_shared_preload_libraries() after calling
>> read_nondefault_variables() (in SubPostmasterMain())?
>>

> I don't entirely see the point.  The value of shared_preload_libraries
> is to avoid paying per-process overhead to load the libraries, and that
> benefit is already lost in a fork/exec world.  Might as well just let
> the libraries be loaded when and if needed.

The only benefit I can see is that it would assist in having a common
configuration.

> I think we've failed to document that shared_preload_libraries doesn't
> work on Windows, which is an oversight.

Maybe postmaster should also log a warning if it detects this.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?
Сообщение: Re: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?