Re: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<korryd@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> It appears that the libraries listed in shared_preload_libraries will
> *not* be inherited by spawned backends on Win32 platforms.

Well, yeah, because it's a fork/exec on that platform.

> Should we just call process_shared_preload_libraries() after calling
> read_nondefault_variables() (in SubPostmasterMain())?

I don't entirely see the point.  The value of shared_preload_libraries
is to avoid paying per-process overhead to load the libraries, and that
benefit is already lost in a fork/exec world.  Might as well just let
the libraries be loaded when and if needed.

I think we've failed to document that shared_preload_libraries doesn't
work on Windows, which is an oversight.

Сообщение: shared_preload_libraries support on Win32?