Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches
Дата
Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Oisin Glynn wrote:
> My 8.2c,
> Having 8.1 end of life this soon after the release of 8.2 seems pretty
> harsh.

Yeah, I agree. In part I'm basing the idea to support the current and 2
previous branches on the amount of work required to build a complete set
of point releases in one go - 3 seems manageable over a weekend. 4 would
  probably be possible, but would be more rushed than I'd like.

Also, three just seems like a sensible number to maintain. I kinda like
Magnus' idea to put older releases into a sort of 'retired' mode though,
and build only the binaries for PostgreSQL itself.

Regards, Dave.