Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches
Дата
Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQL branches  (Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Bill Moran wrote:
> Does the PostgreSQL project have any similar policy about EoLs?  Even just
> a simple statement like, "it is our goal to support major branches for 2
> years after release" or some such?

I've been considering only maintaining the current and previous 2
versions in pgInstaller (the Windows binary distro). But that's a *lot*
harder to maintain than just PostgreSQL because of all the bundled
stuff. In other words, when 8.3 is out, the 8.0 series gets dropped.

What do people think about that? Does anyone think it would be an
unreasonable policy?

Regards, Dave