Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> I'm afraid the bug has been there for ages, but the 90%-fillfactor on
>> rightmost page patch made it much more likely to get triggered.
>
> But that patch has been there for ages too; the only new thing in 8.2 is
> that the fillfactor is configurable, but its default is the same.  So
> I'm still wondering why the bug isn't seen in 8.1.  (Joe, did you try
> anything older than 8.1?)

The hardcoded fillfactor was 90% when building an index, and that's
still the default. However, when inserting to an existing index, the
fillfactor on the rightmost page was 2/3. It was changed to use the
user-configurable fillfactor, which now defaults to 90%.

Hmm. Now that I think of it, we might have the same bug in nbtsort.c.
I'll have a look...