Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm still wondering why the bug isn't seen in 8.1.

> The hardcoded fillfactor was 90% when building an index, and that's
> still the default. However, when inserting to an existing index, the
> fillfactor on the rightmost page was 2/3. It was changed to use the
> user-configurable fillfactor, which now defaults to 90%.

Ah.  I thought I remembered that those had been two separate changes,
but you're right, 8.1 and before always split 1:1 or 2:1.  So it'd take
a really nasty corner case to expose the bug there.

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Commit timestamp
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Commit timestamp