Re: Converting 7.x to 8.x

От Chris
Тема Re: Converting 7.x to 8.x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Carlos wrote:
> What would be the faster way to convert a 7.4.x database into an 8.x
> database?  A dump of the database takes over 20 hours so we want to
> convert the database without having to do a dump and resptore.

That's your only option as far as I know (I'm sure someone will correct
me if that's not the case).

You can't do a binary conversion or anything like that because the
postgres internals are different between major versions.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Сообщение: Re: indexing primary and foreign keys w/lookup table
Сообщение: Re: indexing primary and foreign keys w/lookup table