Re: missing cache data for cache id 27

От brian
Тема Re: missing cache data for cache id 27
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> brian <brian@zijn-digital.com> writes:
>
>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>>>Need a newer phpPGAdmin, perhaps?  It'd be unsurprising for pre-8.1 code
>>>to fail to notice the OUT parameters, since it'd not know about the new
>>>columns in pg_proc ...
>

>>phpPgAdmin 4.0.1 (4.1 is latest). But i was under the impression that it
>>simply makes a call to pg_dump, so wasn't expecting the problem lay in
>>the front end.
>

> Um, but what pg_dump is it invoking?  ISTR that phpPgAdmin uses the -i
> option to pg_dump, so that you wouldn't find out if the pg_dump was too
> old.  In my book using that option by default verges on being a war
> crime, but I'm sure they think it's a good idea.

Right. I'd done:
$ /usr/bin/pg_dump --version
pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 8.1.4

but a quick glance at phpPGAdmin's config reminds me that it has its own
version:

$ /usr/bin/phpPgAdmin/pg_dump --version
pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 8.0.4

I'll upgrade to 4.1, dump the db, and see how it recreates the function
(whether it includes the OUT params). Thanks for the heads-up, Tom!