tsearch in core patch, for inclusion

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Дата
Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
We (Oleg and me) are glad to present tsearch in core of pgsql patch. In basic,
layout, functions, methods, types etc are the same as in current tsearch2 with a
lot of improvements:
 - pg_ts_* tables now are in pg_catalog - parsers, dictionaries, configurations now have owner and namespace similar to
 other pgsql's objects like tables, operator classes etc - current tsearch configuration is managed with a help of GUC
variable  tsearch_conf_name. - choosing of tsearch cfg by locale may be done for each schema separately - managing of
tsearchconfiguration with a help of SQL commands, not with   insert/update/delete statements. This allows to drive
dependencies,  correct dumping and dropping. - psql support with a help of \dF* commands - add all available Snowball
stemmersand corresponding configuration - correct memory freeing by any dictionary

Work is sponsored by EnterpriseDB's PostgreSQL Development Fund.

patch: http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/tsearch_core-0.33.gz
docs: http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/pgsql/ftsdoc/ (not yet completed and it's
not yet a patch, just a SGML source)

Implementation details:
- directory layout      src/backend/utils/adt/tsearch - all IO function and simple operations
src/backend/utils/tsearch- complex processing functions, including              language processing and dictionaries

- most of snowball dictionaries are placed in separate .so library and  they plug in into data base by similar way as
characterconversation  library does.

If there aren't objections then we plan commit patch tomorrow or after tomorrow.
Before committing, I'll changes oids from 5000+ to lower values to prevent holes
in oids. And after that, I'll remove tsearch2 contrib module.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Сообщение: Re: STOP all user access except for admin for a few minutes?