Re: STOP all user access except for admin for a few minutes?

От
Тема Re: STOP all user access except for admin for a few minutes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ha ha... thx Tino
Yes, I think this is way to go, strange how my mind climbs the wrong tree
sometimes :)
I actually need to aquire a transaction across several dB's, check if the
conditions are right, and then modify some tables, write and remove some
triggers.
Transactions in postgres are 2 sophisticated, I dont think they will hold
the locks at the level I need them.
But I was thinking (climbing out of the wrong tree;)... I can just aquire
exclusive locks on the tables, and hey presto, users are on hold while the
software checks the dB's.
Effectively creating a very rough transaction, with the lock scope needed?
... ie it will keep users out long enough to align several dB's... I'm
hoping?

From: "Tino Wildenhain" <tino@wildenhain.de>