Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel

От Andrew Kroeger
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Erick Papadakis wrote:
> Right now, if I wish to contribute to the documentation, how do I make
> it relevant? Look at MySQL docs, or PHP manual. I can leave comments
> in a context-relevant manner -- e.g., check at the bottom of page:
> http://sg.php.net/manual/en/ref.pgsql.php.

Have you seen the "interactive" documentation which starts at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/index.html ?

There are 2 different PG documentation trees on the web site -- the
"static" pages (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/index.html),
which only include the content generated from the documentation source,
and the interactive pages which allow users to post
comments/clarifications as you desire.

Depending on how you originally found the documentation, you may have
come from Google results or found an existing deep link into the static
pages, which don't provide any indication that the interactive pages exist.

Andrew

P.S. - Has anyone considered adding links in the documentation so that a
given static/interactive documentation page would contain a link to the
same page in the interactive/static section?  Or at least a link from
the static page to the corresponding interactive page?