Re: Installing Postegres side-by-side with M$ SQL server]]

От Paul Lambert
Тема Re: Installing Postegres side-by-side with M$ SQL server]]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron Johnson wrote:

>        match

We've got pretty new hardware - DS15's, DS25's, Itaniums and so forth.
But we don't run any DB app
on it, most of our data sits in RMS files or flat binary files - even
text files in a few instances, thus making
standard DB queries nigh on impossible with the exception of a report
generator we've built into the app,
but that has nowhere near the capabilities of something like crystal
reports or M$ Access, thus the need
for a 'replica' standard db model. We looked at Mimer on VMS for a while
but threw that out. We've
got about 40 Alphas of various power levels and a couple of Itaniums on
our WAN so plenty of grunt to
spare though. About half of our programming staff would privately fit
into category 3 too - myself included
(though I did give away my vax a few years ago, leaving me with a
solitary DS10)

Having said that, I do agree with your point on those main 4 categories
of VMS users and thus the
unlikelyhood that anyone would be willing to do a Postgres port. Still a
shame though :)

Paul.

От: "Lenorovitz, Joel"
Сообщение: too many trigger records found for relation "item" - what's that about??
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: postgresql scalability, active-active cluster