Re: Spam from EnterpriseDB?

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: Spam from EnterpriseDB?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:08:53 -0800, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Alan Hodgson wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 January 2007 16:44, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
> >> Harsh, aren't we?
> >>
> >> Rich and Garland weren't peddling pr0n or a pump-and-dump stock
> >> scam.  The fact that they've lost some (a lot of?) respect from
> >> potential customers will be pain enough.
> >>

> > Spam is spam.  I don't care what they're selling.  Anyone dumb enough to
> > send spam in 2006 should be fired on the spot.
>
> That is a bit extreme. One persons SPAM is another persons interesting
> information. Although I agree that the behavior in this particular
> situation was a bit less than the average IQ score.
>
> If you are going to communicate with potential customers, especially as
> SPAM have the integrity to do it yourself and take the heat yourself.
> Don't use some off brand secondary service and pay them to spam for you.
>
> I send out email all the time to potentials. It is common practice but I
> do it, directly as me.

I think that this bit is the spam clincher

> Please click here to unsubscribe
> [http://now.eloqua.com/....]

Without that, I might have even filed it away in case I needed what they
were offering (24/7 phone support is useful for those of us in vastly
different time zones).

Mailing lists that I didn't ask to be on is a different story.

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :