Re: Unpredicatable behavior of volatile functions used

От Aleksander Kmetec
Тема Re: Unpredicatable behavior of volatile functions used
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> This isn't gonna work very well if your query involves sorting, because
> the SELECT-list is evaluated before the sort step ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks, this seems to solve my problem.

Some quick testing shows that util.row_number() only gets re-evaluated at every call if the subquery contains an ORDER
BY clause. Now we can predict whether we need to compensate for that just by looking at the original query.

Regards,
Aleksander