Re: FK Constraint on index not PK

От Stéphane Schildknecht
Тема Re: FK Constraint on index not PK
Дата
Re: FK Constraint on index not PK  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe a écrit :
> Being quite familiar with both of those issues from the past, I can't
> imagine either one causing a problem with an update prior to dumping so
> he can then upgrade to 8.2.
>
> Seriously.  Hungarian collation, plerl can no longer change locale and
> corrupt indexes, and a minor security update.
>
> And none of them need to be applied to do the pg_dump and then import to
> 8.2
>
> Now, if he were gonna keep the 7.4 machine up and running, then I'd
> definitely recommend he look into the points made in the release notes
> for those versions.  But all the OP seemed to be in search of was
> dropping those extra indexes before dumping / migrating to 8.2.

My goal is to migrate to 8.2.1. definitely. But as you said it, I do not
want to recreate unwanted index when migrating. I want to drop them BEFORE.

But, I can't just do a "drop index" command. It fails.

That's why I asked for an advice to drop them or not recreate them. I
would really prefer not to parse the all dump (some GB).

Thx

SAS