Re: FK Constraint on index not PK

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: FK Constraint on index not PK
Список pgsql-general
Being quite familiar with both of those issues from the past, I can't
imagine either one causing a problem with an update prior to dumping so
he can then upgrade to 8.2.

Seriously.  Hungarian collation, plerl can no longer change locale and
corrupt indexes, and a minor security update.

And none of them need to be applied to do the pg_dump and then import to
8.2

Now, if he were gonna keep the 7.4 machine up and running, then I'd
definitely recommend he look into the points made in the release notes
for those versions.  But all the OP seemed to be in search of was
dropping those extra indexes before dumping / migrating to 8.2.