Re: exclusive locking on SELECT ?

От James Neff
Тема Re: exclusive locking on SELECT ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

> On 11-Jan-07, at 4:47 PM, James Neff wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I have 3 clients trying to do a select on the same table (different
>> rows).  pgAdmin III Server Status shows the queries and has as mode
>> "Exclusive Lock" for all three.
> Are you doing select for update ? If so why so many rows ?

No updates, just a select.  Is there a way (in Java) to only select one
row at a time from a resultset, and is this a good idea?  The clients
are processing rows from this one table in 2000 record chunks.  There
are about 9 million rows total to process.

>> How would I go about diagnosing this situation, and how do I fix it?
>
> Have you tuned the server ?

I'm doing a search now on "tuning postgres".  Do you have any suggested
links that might pertain to my particular situation?

Thanks again,
James