Re: Trying to load MySQL data

От Walter Vaughan
Тема Re: Trying to load MySQL data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
garrettmoore@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a project where we are converting from MySQL to
> Postgres. I figured the easiest way would be to export the MySQL data
> as CSV.

I dunno, but unless you don't really care about your data, I'd use something
that you have no chance of in your data. Things like | and ~ are pretty standard
field separators.

So you'd use things like FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' in your MySQL export
and WITH DELIMITER '|' NULL '' in your postgresql import

Also remember that mySQL nulls are nothing like postgresql nulls.

--
Walter