Re: Database Create Date

От Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)
Тема Re: Database Create Date
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:00:37 +0200,
>>   Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Στις Τρίτη 09 Ιανουάριος 2007 18:10, ο/η Andy Shellam (Mailing
>>> Lists) έγραψε:

>> Just another note on this, atime is the last access time. ctime is
>> the real
>> last modify time, mtime is another modify time that can be changed
>> (which
>> is useful after backups). atime is often disabled in ext3 file
>> systems to
>> reduce I/O, since it isn't all that useful.
>>
> I thought it was as well to begin with - but in "ls" on Linux there's
> a separate "atime" and "access" value to the "show time" parameter in
> "ls" - so if "atime" is the last access time, what's "access" mean?

Hmm ok just done a bit of experimenting on this - "atime" and "access"
show exactly the same information - "mtime" is an invalid value
according to my Fedora 5 system.  Confused.

-- start paste --

ls -l / --time=mtime
ls: invalid argument `mtime' for `--time'
Valid arguments are:
  - `atime', `access', `use'
  - `ctime', `status'
Try `ls --help' for more information.