Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 > And introducint more failing points.
depends on how you do it.  not everything has to go in a database to be
reliable.  Part of good engineering is realizing when to use a tool and when not
to.

I think a 10K view of the issue is in order.  The bigger picture is being
missed, or I am not communicating well.

I bet if I gave you a million dollars, you could implement what I proposed; in a
reliable, redundant fasion.  You could probably convince anyone of its merits,
making my case for me.  All you would have to do is entertain the idea ... I
mean you sound smart enough ... probably smarter than me :)

andrew

От: "Thomas F. O'Connell"
Сообщение: Re: Database Corruption - last chance recovery options?
От: Jorge Godoy
Сообщение: Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images