Re: Windows Dependency Issue

От Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)
Тема Re: Windows Dependency Issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Pete,

There is certainly a Windows command you can run that will alter the
command used to start a service - it's "sc" (which can also be used to
start/stop a service programmatically.)
The command syntax to modify the EXE path is:

sc config <service name> binpath= "<path to EXE>"

(eg.)
sc config "PostgreSQL Database Server <version>" binpath= "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\bin\<postmaster EXE and flags>"

If it's successful, you'll get the message: "[SC] ChangeServiceConfig
SUCCESS"

Also note there's a space between "binpath=" and the EXE name - that
took me a while to figure out!

Hope this can be of use.

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834