Re: Replication

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

anorganic anorganic wrote:
 >> did you check the manual about 'High Availability and Load
 >> Balancing"?
 >> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/high-availability.html
 >
> yes but this was really short i think.

Interesting... where exactly is it to short for you? What else would you
expect?

> I need that: s1 and s2 must be multimaster replication asyn. but make
> replication in real time. Changes are immediately send to second server.

Slony can probably be used for such a setup, although it's primarily
designed for single master, async replication.

> OR: s1 is master s2 slave, s1 change some columns on s2, and s2 is
> master s1
> slave and s2 change another columns in one time.

I don't quite follow what you mean here. I assume you mean rows, not
columns. Then probably you mean something like what we call data
partitioning, where each server is a master for a certain subset of the
data.

> I read about slony but, it looks that's make changes not immediatly but in
> packages = not send one transaction but wait and send package. This
> could be a problem.

Hm. If that really is a problem, think again about sync vs. async. In
async replication, there is a delay by definition. But again, I'm not
sure what Slony can do to minimize that delay.

> I hope slony online system is right for me. And these question
> about slony i have more than one i think it could be rigth way. Somebody
> who run it could be great person for me :).

Probably ask on the slony mailing list. I'm not exactly a slony expert
either.

Regards

Markus