Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karen Hill wrote:
> I have OS X tiger with all the updates:
>
> uname -r
> 8.8.0
>
> Here is what I get when I try to initdb on a freshly compiled 8.2:
>
> selecting default max_connections ... 10
> selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 400kB/20000
> creating configuration files ... ok
> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
> could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory
> DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=2, size=1646592, 03600).
> HINT:  This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
> memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space. To reduce the
> request size (currently 1646592 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's
> shared_buffers parameter (currently 50) and/or its max_connections
> parameter (currently 10).
>         The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about
> shared memory configuration.
> child process exited with exit code 1

do you have another copy of postgresql running when you run initdb?

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

От: "Karen Hill"
Сообщение: Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?
Сообщение: Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?