OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?

От Karen Hill
Тема OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?
Дата
Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?  (Shane Ambler <pgsql@007Marketing.com>)
Re: OS X Tiger, and PostgreSQL 8.2 don't mix?  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I have OS X tiger with all the updates:

uname -r
8.8.0

Here is what I get when I try to initdb on a freshly compiled 8.2:

selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 400kB/20000
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:
could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory
DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=2, size=1646592, 03600).
HINT:  This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space. To reduce the
request size (currently 1646592 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's
shared_buffers parameter (currently 50) and/or its max_connections
parameter (currently 10).
        The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about
shared memory configuration.
child process exited with exit code 1

I read the documentation
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/kernel-resources.html) and
added the appropriate items to /etc/sysctl.conf, and I rebooted for it
to take effect.

cat /etc/sysctl.conf
kern.sysv.shmmax=4194304
kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmni=32
kern.sysv.shmseg=8
kern.sysv.shmall=1024

I still get the error when I initdb.  OS X and PostgreSQL has worked
before for me, compiled from the source.

regards,

karen