Re: Suggestions needed about how to dump/restore a database

От Thomas Markus
Тема Re: Suggestions needed about how to dump/restore a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

12h is a lot. i use the copy statement with binary option. this is
faster and takes less space.
try pg_dump with schema only and export your 2 tables with 2 single
statements. in that way i can
export my db in less than 3min without downtime (pg_dump produces a 9gb
file, binary dump 4.4gb)

Thomas