Re: out of memory in backup and restore

От Thomas Markus
Тема Re: out of memory in backup and restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

i tried various ways to backup that db.
if i use a separate 'copy table to 'file' with binary' i can export the
problematic table and restore without problems. resulting outputfile is
much smaller than default output and runtime is much shorter.
is there any way to say pg_dump to use a copy command with option 'with
binary'? it should be possible with the custom or tar format. i searched
the docs and manpage and cant find something.

thx
Thomas

Tom Lane schrieb:
> Thomas Markus <t.markus@proventis.net> writes:
>
>> logfile content see http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/cvD7uk33.html
>>

> It looks to me like you must have individual rows whose COPY
> representation requires more than half a gigabyte (maybe much more,
> but at least that) and the system cannot allocate enough buffer space.

yes, msg is DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 546321213. (521mb)
> It could be that this is a symptom of corrupted data, if you're certain
> that there shouldn't be any such rows in the table.

no

>> kernel is 2.6.15-1-em64t-p4-smp, pg version is 8.1.0 32bit
>>

> You really need a 64-bit PG build if you want to push
> multi-hundred-megabyte field values around --- otherwise there's just
> not enough headroom in the process address space.  (Something newer than
> 8.1.0 would be a good idea too.)

i cant change the db installation. but thats another problem

От: Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Сообщение: Re: Troubles with Ident Authetication
От: "Sandy Spence"
Сообщение: Re: invalid types and tables