Re: Status of SSL encryption in ODBC driver

От John McCawley
Тема Re: Status of SSL encryption in ODBC driver
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Where would I go to find the connection string settings to turn it on? I
have dug around quite a bit, and tried everything I have found, but
nothing seems to work, and the docs included with the driver don't seem
to cover it.

Dave Page wrote:

> John McCawley wrote:
>
>> I did a few searches on the mailing list, and checked the
>> documentation of psqlODBC, and I'm confused as to the current status
>> of SSL support in psqlODBC.  From the mailing list, it appears that
>> the Open Source driver does not fully support SSL, and I would need
>> to use the commercial ODBC driver from commandprompt if I needed SSL
>> support.
>>
>> In the FAQ, I see an indication that encrypted passwords are
>> supported, but encrypted data is not.  But then there is a note
>> "*Note:* As of version 08.01.002, psqlODBC now supports SSL encrypted
>> connections."
>>
>> Does this mean that SSL encryption is now fully supported?
>

> Yes, as well as Kerberos, and pgpass files (though the SSL option must
> be set to something other than disabled for those to work).
>
> Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: Status of SSL encryption in ODBC driver
Сообщение: Re: Status of SSL encryption in ODBC driver