Re: Yet another fast GiST build

От Andrey M. Borodin
Тема Re: Yet another fast GiST build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 9 сент. 2020 г., в 00:05, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> написал(а):
>
> I've been reviewing the patch today. The biggest changes I've made have been in restructuring the code in gistbuild.c
forreadability, but there are a bunch of smaller changes throughout. Attached is what I've got so far, squashed into
onepatch.
Thanks!

> I'm continuing to review it, but a couple of questions so far:
>
> In the gistBuildCallback(), you're skipping the tuple if 'tupleIsAlive == false'. That seems fishy, surely we need to
indexrecently-dead tuples, too. The normal index build path isn't skipping them either.
That's an oversight.

> How does the 'sortsupport' routine interact with 'compress'/'decompress'? Which representation is passed to the
comparatorroutine: the original value from the table, the compressed representation, or the decompressed
representation?Do the comparetup_index_btree() and readtup_index() routines agree with that?

Currently we pass compressed values, which seems not very good.
But there was a request from PostGIS maintainers to pass values before decompression.
Darafei, please, correct me if I'm wrong. Also can you please provide link on PostGIS B-tree sorting functions?

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistent Japanese name order in v13 contributors list
От: Peter Smith
Сообщение: Re: Improvements in Copy From